The Canada digital adoption program is a $4 billion investment meant to help over 90k businesses update/grow their online shops, attract new customers and improve the experience for existing ones using all the digital tools available today.
Consumers are now moving to shop online. It is essential for businesses of all sizes to improve and/or implement the proper digital tools in order to remain competitive and provide the best options for their clients.
CodeTactic is a Vancouver web development and design agency that is ready to be a part of this process and help our clients get the funding they need to improve/create their online platform and reach a larger audience.
Grow your business online – This grant gives the opportunity for business owners to receive up to $2400CAD in funding to help take advantage of the digital technologies available.
As a part of the Canada digital adoption program, the Canadian government has partnered with Small Business BC and digital main street to provide the Grow your business online program to provide grants to businesses all over British Columbia.
The Grow your business online program is a micro-grant meant to provide $2,400 to small businesses to improve their online shops and e-commerce platforms with all the support needed from a network of eligible advisors. Small businesses and even new businesses (as long as they are properly registered or incorporated) can apply if the requirements are met.
What can you expect from this grant?
The Canada Digital Adoption Program can help your business grow online, create your e-commerce platform, grow your e-commerce presence or help digitalize your business operations.
The “Grow your business online” program, provides benefits for small business owners looking to improve their digital assets, take advantage of e-commerce opportunities and target a larger audience through their online platforms.
- Micro-grants of $2400 CAD.
- E-commerce advisors.
- Boost digital strategy.
Who is eligible?
The Grow your business online grant is meant for small businesses all over British Columbia. It is currently open and available for small businesses that follow these criteria:
- Is a for-profit business (including for-profit social enterprises and co-operatives)
- Is a registered or incorporated business
- Is a consumer-facing business
- Can be accessed by consumers or provides in-person services to consumers
- Has at least one employee (other than the business owner)
- Must commit to maintaining a digital adoption strategy for six months after participating in the program
- Must consent to participating in follow-up surveys, sharing information with the Government of Canada (ISED and Statistics Canada), and having the name of the business published as a recipient of funding
Ready to apply? Do it now!
What is the grant for?
The businesses that are eligible for the Grow your business online grant will receive funding after the spending plan is confirmed, the grant agreement is received, and eligible receipts/proof of payments are submitted and approved.
Eligible costs include (but are not limited to):
- Implementation or improvement of a digital e-commerce plan (e.g. online ordering systems, electronic payments, online reservation or booking tools)
- Costs related to website search optimization (SEO)
- Note: plan cannot be used solely for website search optimization, it needs to be tied to the overall e-commerce implementation plan, and not a standalone item
- Costs related to the installation of an e-commerce platform (including subscription fees/costs)
- Costs of back-office solutions to support an e-commerce strategy
- Costs of social media advertising (Note: Plan cannot be strictly social media advertising, it needs to tie into the overall e-commerce implementation plan)
- Costs related to the creation of customer databases
- Hiring a consultant/agency to execute Digital Marketing initiatives related to your e-commerce store
- Development of a new e-commerce website
- Upgrading existing e-commerce site for added functionality (i.e., new plugins, or features) (redesign is not included)
- E-commerce software includes:
- Software to track and manage product inventory, as well as fulfill and ship orders
- Software for product databases
- Software to track sales, market to customers, offer discounts, maintain a loyalty program
- Software to simplify marketing
- Cyber Security software or certifications
- Hardware and accompanying software up to 20% of the total grant amount.
How can CodeTactic help you?
CodeTactic is a digital agency with over 12 years of experience working on web development, design, software development, SEO services, and more! After completing the registration, we can help you create the plan for your online platform and start the process for your funding. We have the best team of local professionals ready to help you start!
If you have any questions about the process and how we can help you get the plan and strategy you need for your application process, please feel free to reach us!
Contact us today! Our team of web developers in Vancouver is here to assist you.