With over 800 million people, Facebook has become too large to ignore. Let’s face it, no matter what people say, no where else are you going to find such as extensive crowd of people to promote your business. Just think about it this way: if Facebook were a country, it would be the third most populous nation on earth. Yup, even larger than the US.
Related: Why You and Your Business Should Not Quit Facebook
Including a Facebook page in your marketing strategy goes without saying. We’ve set up a simple how-to guide to create and build a Facebook page.
1. Login. Log on to your Facebook account. If you don’t have one, you can sign up here: https://www.facebook.com/r.php. You can only create a Facebook page if you have an account.
2. Create. Once you are logged-in, go to https://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php to create your page. This will bring you to a page like the one pictured below.
The image is pretty self-explanatory, but if you are confused, clicking on one of the six images will give you more subcategories to choose from.
3. Fill out your basic information. After choosing the appropriate category for your page, you will be led to a page where you will have to fill out a series of other information about your company or brand, such as:
- About: here is where you briefly describe what your page is about. You are given 155 characters to do so, so choose wisely.
- URL: put your brand’s website here. If you don’t have one, consider getting one.
- Facebook web address: Facebook allow you to customize your own URL, so make sure it contains your business’ name in it. You are only allowed to change it once, so make sure it is good!
- Profile picture: here is where you should upload the logo of your brand. You can either upload the photo from your computer or import it from your website. Make sure it your picture is visible and fits in a square, as it will represent your brand every time you post a comment or answer someone on your page.
- Add to favorites: Like bookmarking in your toolbar, you can add your page to the left hand side of your Facebook’s news feed. Doing so will allow you to access it quickly.
- Reach more people: This option is for setting up advertisements on Facebook to promote your brand. I would skip this option for the moment, as you are still in the initial stages of creating your page.
4. Provide more information. Once your basic information has been filled out, you will be directed to your page and asked to ‘Like’ it. Skip this for now, and continue to add more information about your page. The more information you provide about your business, the more likely it will be seen by users on Google.
See more: How to optimize your Facebook page for SEO
This can be accessed by clicking on ‘Settings’ on the top right-hand side of your page.
Clicking here, you will see there is a lot of information to fill out. I suggest covering the ‘General’ and ‘Page Info’ tabs first.
5. Start Providing Content. Publish your first post. It can be whatever you want it to be: text, an image, a link, you decide. Make sure to have a plan on the type of content you are going to place, as well as know the importance of including visuals.
Another important step once you’ve got your page up and running is measuring how your page is doing. Facebook provides a lot of metrics to measure your posts and how your page is doing. This is important to making important decisions on your social media marketing strategy.
So there you have it, our simple 5 step how-to guide to creating a Facebook page. Share it with others who might need help in making the plunge to Facebook! If you need help with managing your Facebook page or other social media accounts, contact us!